High Level Industry Participation Expectations - Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliance Proposal “European Knowledge Alliance for Accelerating the Diffusion of Innovation in High Value Manufacturing (ADI-HVM)”
This posting provides an initial high level overview of the expectations towards industry partners in the project. Minimum contribution to the proposal preparation is limited to discussions clarifying these expectations – more is always welcome.
As part of qualifying as a proposer each potential higher education proposal partner will solicit the participation of an industrial company active in the high value manufacturing space. The benefits of participating for the industrial company are:
- Identification of short-, medium and long term actionable interventions to rapidly accelerate the diffusion of innovation across their whole product life cycle (diffusion of innovation curve).
- Determination of relevant short-, medium and long term actionable changes to the whole product life cycle management process (diffusion of innovation curve) itself.
- Enablement of stakeholders to apply the identified actionable interventions.
- Benchmarking of efforts against comparable industry organizations.
Initially each industrial partner interested in participating will be required to submit an official confirmation of participation on company letterhead confirming their interest and willingness to support the following activities:
- Training of a relevant stakeholder group in a one-day on-premise event, including presentation of the company whole product life cycle management (diffusion of innovation curve) process.
- Translation of the company whole product life cycle management process into a living systems notation, then into standard business process notation and finally into a simulation and gaming tool. This will involve (a) a kick-off workshop (b) provision of the whole product life cycle management process to the project team for translation into living systems notation, translation into standard business process notation and then creation of a simulation and gaming model (c) review, revision and confirmation of the living systems, business process notation, simulation and gaming models in a one-day event.
- Mapping of innovation success and failure stories using the generated simulation and simulation model with relevant refinement of the latter during a one-day event. This will include the validation of game changers and tipping points.
- Stakeholder training in the implementation of design standards for new ideas.
- Achieving process improvement opportunities for (a) identification of short-, medium and long term actionable interventions to rapidly accelerate the diffusion of innovation across the whole product life cycle, (b) determination of relevant short-, medium and long term actionable changes to the whole product life cycle management process itself, (c) enablement of stakeholders to apply the identified actionable interventions, and (d) benchmarking of efforts against comparable industry organizations.
The minimum required effort of an industry partner in the project is expected to be approximately 8 hours monthly, therefore 80 hours annually over the course of the project duration. The actual effort may significantly exceed this if stakeholders desire to engage more intensively.
Upon expression of interest the potential industry partner will need to provide official registration details for the proposal submission (including relevant PIC number). Industry partners may chose not to formally join the proposal, but join the extended project team in line with their expression of interest.
The image comes from https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_of_the_Black_Gate and perhaps exemplifies the challenge of changing the innovation paradigm we are tackling.
If you are interested in learning more please visit us at www.innovation-web.eu, our LinkedIn Group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8779542/, our blog at https://www.innovation-web.eu/entov-hvm-blog, our Researchgate project page at https://www.researchgate.net/project/Open-European-Network-for-Enterprise-Innovation-in-High-Value-Manufacturing-ENTOV-HVM and our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2014779865300180/. You can also follow us via Twitter: @owschwabe (#innovationweb) and the LinkedIn Group page https://www.linkedin.com/company/entov.