Aligning with the Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliance Intent - Workpackage 9 Create Career Framework
Dear all – in Germany we have a phrase describing what happens when pieces of something come together – we call it “making a shoe”. The image from https://www.swadesi.com/news/an-insight-into-shoe-making/ exemplifies this picture and aptly describes what workpackage 9 does as it connects all of our previous thinking with the intent of the Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliance program.
This implementation workpackage applies the results of all previous workpackages across the network to create a launch the career framework as a specialisation of the “Responsible and Flexible Career Development Framework for Researchers”. The aim of the workpackage is to not only provide all relevant learning content in accordance with the OpenEdu Framework, but also to ensure that the learning content is made available through certified courses jointly provided by higher education partners at various relevant levels (i.e. Master level or continuous professional development levels). While the estimated start date is month #25 of the project and the estimated end date is month 36 of the project, the workpackage will “pull forward” as many deliverables as possible by closely integrating with all other workpackages from the beginning. The activities and deliverables of the workpackage are:
- WP 9.1: Activity - Collect and analyse a relevant set of existing career development tools and practices with regard to their applicability to the concept of innovation ecosystem acceleration in high value manufacturing.
- WP 9.1: Deliverable – Existing career development tools and practices collected and analysed for applicability.
- WP 9.2: Activity - Organize and conduct workshops with researchers and other local stakeholders in every project country to learn about required competencies and the country specific situation. Relevant regions include DE, IE, IL, IT, LU, PO and SK.
- WP 9.2: Deliverable – Workshops conducted and required competencies with country specific situations gathered.
- WP 9.3: Activity - Clarify career description and define competencies required by the career framework.
- WP 9.3: Deliverable – Career description and required competencies defined.
- WP 9.4: Activity - Describe the practices, procedures and skills, which will be combined into the common framework and relevant country specific adaptations.
- WP 9.4: Deliverable – Common framework defined.
- WP 9.5: Activity - Develop a series of joint-certified continuous professional development offerings addressing the competencies required by the career framework.
- WP 9.5: Deliverable – Joint-certified continuous professional development offering developed.
- WP 9.6: Activity - Develop a series of joint-certified higher education offerings addressing the competencies required by the career framework.
- WP 9.6: Deliverable – Joint-certified higher education offering developed.
- WP 9.7: Activity - Develop and submit a proposal for both a vocational career development path as well as an Erasmus Joint Mundus degree program.
- WP 9.7: Deliverable - Proposal for both a vocational career development path as well as an Erasmus Joint Mundus degree program developed and submitted.
- WP 9.8: Activity - Apply the OpenEdu Framework for structuring and preparing content for delivery.
- WP 9.8: Activity - OpenEdu Framework applied for structuring and preparing content for delivery.
- WP 9.9: Activity - Conduct practical testing and implementation of the framework on modular levels within the project to improve and socialize these to the researchers and other stakeholders.
- WP 9.9: Deliverable – Practical testing and implementation conducted with appropriate revision of other framework deliverables.
- WP 9.10: Activity - Test and adapt the framework and content to focus on the development of career management skills for researchers in different national contexts.
- WP 9.10: Deliverable - Framework and content tested and adapted.
- WP 9.11: Activity - Ensure mutual learning and feedback activities to improve the coherence and continuous improvement of all project outcomes.
- WP 9.11: Deliverable – Mutual learning and feedback activities conducted and applied for improving framework quality.
- WP 9.12: Activity - Coordinate with the EURAXESS network and organizations to increase the transferability of the framework to other national and institutional contexts.
- WP 9.12: Deliverable - Transferability of the framework to other national and institutional contexts achieved through coordination with the EURAXESS network and organizations.
- WP 9.13: Activity - Leverage the framework to create relevant policy guidance.
- WP 9.14: Deliverable – Policy guidance created and submitted.
This workpackage will run for 36 consecutive months and will be primarily resourced by two full time researchers.
If you are interested in learning more please visit us at www.innovation-web.eu, our LinkedIn Group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8779542/, our blog at https://www.innovation-web.eu/entov-hvm-blog, our Researchgate project page at https://www.researchgate.net/project/Open-European-Network-for-Enterprise-Innovation-in-High-Value-Manufacturing-ENTOV-HVM and our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2014779865300180/. You can also follow us via Twitter: @owschwabe (#innovationweb) and the LinkedIn Group page https://www.linkedin.com/company/entov.