WP 6 Create Design Principles for Rapid Diffusion of Innovative Ideas.
Dear all - this is a refined draft of the SIXTH Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliance Workpackage with a focus on industrial whole product lifecycles. Comments appreciated as we work to refine and align with the potential workpackage owner. Please note that the supporting workpackages are intended for project participants either owning other workpackages or interested in supporting workpackages only. The image shows a top down view of DNA as an analogy to the embedded characteristics of ideas that are the focus of the workpackage. If you are interested in a supporting workpackage please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - you will be expected to contribute to shaping this and your own workpackage.
This implementation workpackage moves the focus from systems of innovation to the (clusters of) ideas traveling through those systems of innovation. The aim of the workpackage is to identify attributes of (clusters of) ideas which permit rapid progression through the diffusion of innovation lifecycle using the created simulator. Particular focus is placed on designing the idea for adoption by all adopters across all phases of the whole product life cycle and in leveraging the previously identified game changes (workpackage 4) and risk threat / opportunity influencing techniques (workpackage 5). This workpackage sets the foundation for the validation phase workpackage 7 (“Validate Research Findings (as Experimental Innovation in Living Labs”) and workpackage 8 (“Discover and Launch Ideas in a Structured Manner (incl. Innovation Diffusion Monitoring Radar)”. This workpackage will require in-depth familiarity with the simulator.
The estimated start date is month #13 of the project and the estimated end date is month 24 of the project, although the team will continue to support other workpackages during the complete duration of the project. All tasks will be made transparent to the public as open access and public domain. The tasks of the workpackage are:
- Conduct a literature research on key attributes of (clusters of) ideas for diffusing rapidly from ideation through market saturation, including insights gained from previous workpackages. Submit the results as a journal publication.
- Develop and validate a technique for testing the diffusion of innovation speed within the simulator. Submit the results as a journal publication.
- Identify a range of actionable principles for designing (clusters of) ideas that are suited for rapid diffusion through the whole product life cycle.
- Validate design principles based upon previously generated case studies in one day workshops with six industrial companies and six institutes of higher education.
- Develop guidance for workpackage 7 (“Validate Research Findings (as Experimental Innovation in Living Labs”) and workpackage 8 (“Discover and Launch Ideas in a Structured Manner (incl. Innovation Diffusion Monitoring Radar)”. Prepare as conference contribution.
The deliverables are outcomes of the tasks and will be made available in the public domain.
- Journal publication submission on key attributes of (clusters of) ideas for diffusing rapidly from ideation through market saturation.
- Journal publication submission on a technique for testing the diffusion of innovation speed within the simulator.
- A range of actionable principles for designing (clusters of) ideas that are suited for rapid diffusion through the whole product life cycle.
- One day validation workshops with six industrial companies and six institutes of higher education.
- Conference contribution design principles for ideas as an input to approaches for structured ideation.
This workpackage will run for 12 consecutive months and will be primarily resourced by two full time researchers. Six supporting workpackages of 160 hours each support conducting the workpackage and one funded Master project is planned as further aid to workpackage delivery. One funded PhD position is also provided for, whereby this assumes a three year full time research effort that commences at the beginning of year 1 of the project and ends with the end of year 3 of the project.
If you are interested in learning more please visit us at www.innovation-web.eu, our LinkedIn Group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8779542/, our blog at https://www.innovation-web.eu/entov-hvm-blog, our Researchgate project page at https://www.researchgate.net/project/Open-European-Network-for-Enterprise-Innovation-in-High-Value-Manufacturing-ENTOV-HVM and our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2014779865300180/. You can also follow us via Twitter: @owschwabe (#innovationweb) and the LinkedIn Group page https://www.linkedin.com/company/entov.